Make It In March Competition 2018 - Win The Ultimate Tool Bundle

Only started out recently in woodworking and self teaching with all the mistakes as I go along. This was a fun project with some friends as a “one pallet challenge” and this was my attempt!..Hope you guys like it

3 Likes

here is one of the projects i have done that had wood in it.

this is the door and window of my workshop. this is made with a steel frame with old floorboards cut and set into the frame and then coach bolts through to look nice.

i hope there is enough wood in this project, as i mainly work in metals

2 Likes

Shelter from Iisham Road was destroyed in an arson attack and then rebuilt from the ground upwards.

A great project that turned out very well and the Iisham community loves it.

5 Likes

My most recent instrument - a variable scale tenor guitar. English walnut back and sides. American Black Walnut neck, European spruce front.

2 Likes

Back view of my tenor guitar.

2 Likes

New Warehouse Storage for sheets of Picture Framing Mountboard, only another 300 shelves to go!

3 Likes

I did not know which piece to send in but decided on my Ark. It started as 2 off 8X4 sheets of 19mm knotless pine which has been cut, glued and carved. Note Mr and Mrs Noah, the telescope, lantern and flag plus the birds perched on top. Good luck all.

4 Likes

Fascinated by the spirals in pine cones and other natural forms I just had to make something related to these. I’d previously bought some second-hand solid oak kitchen cupboard doors for another project and had some left over so these came in handy for this sculpture. After much consultation I’ve settled on a name for it … Quercus Florus (forgive the rather loose Latin connection to Flowering Oak).
Mike

#MakeitinMarch

PS. Not having used this forum before I’m not sure if just replying has tagged my entry correctly. Can anyone tell me if I need to do anything else please?

4 Likes

PS. Not having used this forum before I’m not sure if just replying has tagged my entry correctly. Can anyone tell me if I need to do anything else please?

You’ve entered just fine. Great piece. Good luck! :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

On Behalf of Richard Pepperd - #MakeitinMarch,

Photo of a carving project finished just a couple of days ago.

An Ammonite sculpture carved in English Walnut (Juglans Regia} and set on an Elm (Ulmus Procera) Burr base.

5 Likes

#makeitinmarch
Dovetailed padauk and maple box to hold my woodturned pen collection

4 Likes

Built in alcobe unit. First job I’ve done for myself

2 Likes

Thought you might like to see the inside view - fan fret tenor guitar.

3 Likes

My first paying job, I simple wall cabinet with American red oak shelves. It’s a great feeling seeing a project come alive from a sketchup concept to the finished article.#MakeitinMarch

5 Likes

Good work, I’m self taught too. Nothing better than trying something for the first time and pulling it off. Keep up the good work.

3 Likes

Cherry octagon display cabinet all made up of Traditional joints

2 Likes

a couple of my bandsaw boxes

3 Likes

Thats a stunning side table (and all the better for your taste in tipple! :tumbler_glass:). Care to share how you made it?

#MakeitinMarch

Sorry didn’t comment. Just starting out in woodworking. Thought I would start of with garden furniture. Then hopefully build up to real woodworking.

2 Likes