Stacked dado head cutters for table saws

Yep, I’d agree. At the price it just about does what it says on the tin. For my money, a bandsaw(s) is far more useful and when coupled with a really good shooting board and plane it’s simply far more accurate. When you get into the realms of Felder gear etc and start spending mega£’s you can then expect accuracy straight off the saw blade; with low end hobbyist stuff it ain’t going to happen.

Good morning all. In my opinion, using a table saw, or any other high revving cutting tools, requires a great deal of attention, caution and perhaps some training. Basically, it you don’t now how to use a table saw you shouldn’t own one! When using mine, the grandchildren are not allowed in the garage, no one helps me, my fingers stay at least four inches from the blade (whenever possible) among other things. I am a pilot and since learning to fly (1978) I have adopted the same principals for most anything I do. For my table saw I have been using a checklist “prior to engine start”. It contains all the things that I feel are necessary and important. I have yet to injure myself or anyone else (probably shouldn’t have said that).

In the end, if you don’t know how to use a table saw, you shouldn’t have it.

I see nothing wrong with dado stacks, provided you use some common sense. Using a router may be better in some situations, but trying to cut a dado part way along a long board will require a lengthy edge guide that can wobble or catch the router blade and cause the router to kick out of the wood while still spinning.

Just my humble opinion.

1 Like

Hello! I know that this is a little bit different thread, but is anybody used one of these tile cutters?

Yes, I’ve used a tile cutter before, apart from the fact that they are a bit messy…I needed an apron, I found even the cheap one I bought for doing the kitchen floor tiles worked well…not fast though, but taking your time prevents errors anyways…