CCBB bandsaw parts/spares

Anyone know where you can get bits like the fence? Just bought one and the guide rail was still there but the fence itself wasn’t.

Have you tried contacting Axminster technical support. They sorted out a replacement blade table insert for me for this saw a while back. They also do some aftermarket fences that could be adapted to fit but think they might be quite expensive.

If you are stuck I could let you have mine for postage cost only. I upgraded to a Record Power 350s a while back. Kept the CCBB but only use it for freehand cutting with a quarter inch blade and never use the fence.
If interested post a picture of the guide rail you have to make sure mine is compatible. Bob

I still get spares from Axminster Tools for my CCBB II which has the quick release fence which is better that the one that came with the CCBB. If you need a manual with parts list here’s one I reformatted from the one Axminster Tools sent me. I’ve also made it searchable and added a linked index if viewing it with a pdf reader.

CCBB - bookmarked.pdf (1.6 MB)

I found the setup procedure in the afore mentioned manual very poor. And for years I struggled with the machines accuracy. That was until I saw one of Axminster Tools’ YouTube video on how to set one up. But even then I found I had to tweak that procedure. Essential, once you’ve got the blade running true, align the table’s right hand guide slot to the blade. This can be done with the help of a steel rule attached to the blade with a pair a small button magnets or Axminster Tools’ Bandsaw Buddy. And then loosening the 4 table securing bolts underneath the table that secures it to the table quadrant, adjust the table alignment and retighten the securing bolts. Next align the fence to one of the table’s guide slots. The quick release fence has four bolts on the underside which allows you to do this but I’m not so sure about the fixed fence. Anyway I’ve written all this in my addendum to the manual for this which does make references back to illustrations and the parts list in the original manual.

Replacing the blade in the CCBB bandsaw.pdf (451.6 KB)

I also improved the accuracy of the graduated scale on the front edge of the table by replacing the existing ones with sticky back flexible steel ones and modified the guide sights in the fence to remove any parallax error. I haven’t written anything on that but if your interested I could do so. I’m really impressed with my machine now after this.

Self adhesive backed right and left handed flexible steel tapes are available from Axminster tools.

Because the original sighting line was about 1.5mm above the original ruler the parallax error was bad. So I cut a small piece of 1mm thick acrylic sheet with a slot in it as a new cursor. I then cut out the original sight line out and stuck my new cursor under it putting the sight a lot closer to the ruler. And because I’m not looking through a piece of plastic now, practically no parallax error.

I can highly recommend Axminster Tools varying pitch premium bandsaw blades. They are a bit more expensive but cut very well. They cut straight through any hidden nails or screws lurking in your wood and not get damaged.

Forgot to mention I’ve also made a table sled for mine which I can clamp work to and then push through the blade which can also do circular cuts. Which is great for cutting out blanks for wood turning etc.

I hope you find this useful.

1 Like

I still get spares from Axminster Tools for my CCBB II which has the quick release fence which is better than the one that came with the CCBB. If you need a manual with a parts list here’s one I reformatted from the one Axminster Tools sent me. I’ve also made it searchable and added a linked index if viewing it with a pdf reader.