Confusion about not being allowed to post more than three comments in a topic

At random intervals on the ‘what-happened-to-the-ujk-drill-guide’ topic I get this blocking message:

### You have reached the reply limit for this topic

We’re sorry, but new users are temporarily limited to 3 replies in the same topic.

Instead of adding another reply, please consider editing your previous replies, or visiting other topics.

If I try at a later date I’m allowed to post. To date I’ve made 6 posts in this topic the first being on Feb 08 2018. Just how long do I have to be on the forum before I stop being ‘new’? :scream:

1 Like

Hi @DaveK. Good question! The forum is setup to use the default Trust Levels provided by our forum software. An explanation can be found here:

Think of these as a way to largely prevent spam on our behalf - a problem many forums suffer from without e.g. visitors with no interest in contributing to the community but instead posting to solely promote their website or services etc.

Generally this should not be an issue and contributing to the forum, be it reading/liking posts, replying to other topics and/or creating new ones will (in due course) promote you from “New” to “Basic” and then full “Member” status whereby the limits are increased and ultimately removed.

I have manually promoted you to “Member” so this limit has gone away for you individually as of now. Apologies for the confusion as well as the inconvenience and thank you for participating in our community.

Thanks,

David

Hi
Thank you for the very quick response, the clear explanation and the very acceptable solution! :smiley: