How To Set Up A Small Workshop

Originally published at: https://knowledge.axminster.co.uk/how-to-set-up-a-small-workshop/

In the case of this guide we’re going to use an area that’s a little larger and show you the tools you’ll need to set up a small workshop in just a 10×8′ shed. The list of tools is generally considered enough to cover the most common tasks. Everyone will have their own opinion on…

I was really interested in your article of How to Set Up a Small Workshop. I have a 10x8 Shed and started off with a Mitre Saw and a Bosch Router. Using only pine and a battery of wood dyes I made several items of furniture for my house as it is rather old and IKEA products just did not ‘work’.
My enthusiasm was kindled and I made friends with Surrey Timbers for more ‘exotic’ wood. My next purchases were a Drill Press and a Scroll Saw from Axminster Tools and I set to work. An excellent piece of Yew followed by some Thermal Ash has so far produced 4 cribbage boards. I then obtained a Palm Router which, after some practice, I find better for the more intricate work.
As you so rightly say, everybody has their own opinion and I guess it depends on what projects you intend to attempt. Keep up the good work Charlie, these article s will help many people start a great hobby