New Veritas Combination Plane

This looks interesting:

http://www.leevalley.com/us/wood/page.aspx?p=75620&cat=1%2C230%2C41182%2C75620

Anyone know if Axminster are planning to sell? $400 on the Lee Valley Site. :neutral_face:

I would be very much surprised if this were not offered. This type of plane isnā€™t for me, but aficionadoā€™s of these things will find it irresistible.

All very pretty lots of shiney brass twiddly bits but I can reach for any number of good old moulding planes to complete a task without resetting

Mr Stanley and Record tools made a combination planeā€¦I would ask why so many are on eBay hardly usedā€¦bought my collection for around max Ā£5 each

I tend to agree about these things. I have a distant mate (yes, another one) who ā€˜collectsā€™ this type of stuff, but Iā€™ve never seen the need to get hold of one. The only time I ever used something similar was when I had a little Record plough plane in the 70ā€™s but I got rid of it decades ago.

You mean a Record 043 a lovely little tool ( said my friendā€¦she was also an actress)

Thatā€™s the bad boy; the one with the solid handle that nestled into the palm. Nice little tool if memory servesā€¦

Ha haā€¦just read your comment re Axminster ā€œaffiliationā€. No offence meant from me

If people want a power tool setup then Axminster offer a very good service, in my humble opinion. They are a very progressive company always pushing their waresā€¦can sometimes be expensive and again only my opinion.

I am enjoying this chat room with like minded peopleā€¦it would be a good idea if a meet up could be arrangedā€¦their are so many people out there with similar views, I am sure this would only increase salesā€¦best John

1 Like