Subject matter for New to forum member

Hi All, during the week I received an email from Axminster Tools community forum, a summary, there were 8 new topics all based on cash loans available from foreign entities, is this the norm and is this what this forum is about? I am very interested in learning about wood turning and find this as my first view and entry to be very disappointing, is there a way to stop this kind rubbish, either Axminster setting filters to weed out the spam or is this genuinely what this forum is about?

As I say why. Site has been hacked?

Hello @GeoffT672 and @Knighty - thank you both for taking the time to alert us to this issue and I sincerely apologise for the inconvenience and any frustration this may have caused you. In particular, if you received any email updates from this forum directly relaying such spam posts.

To confirm this forum serves as a community for likeminded individuals to discuss woodworking topics but unfortunately we have been the subject of a wave of spam posts the last few days. The forum software we use does its best to limit the possibility of this happening but on this occasion it appears they have systematically worked to bypass such restrictions. I have removed the offending posts and will be hardening the forum settings and monitoring to hopefully alleviate the issue ongoing.

@GeoffT672 Thank you again for your post and welcome to our community. Please share your woodturning questions or projects for others. :slight_smile: