What happened to the UJK Drill Guide?

I can’t find it on the Axminster website anymore? :man_shrugging:

I’ve found a picture so it does (did?) exist!

Nope, bizarre it is. I tried ‘drill guide’…nul points, ‘UJK’, same result. It was there but it appears to have done a runner.

I had a look through my emails to find out when I was first informed about it, and it was on 24th August. There was a link to it on Axminsters ‘The Knowledge Blog’, which is still live (https://knowledge.axminster.co.uk/ujk-technology-drill-guide/?utm_source=bm23&utm_medium=email&utm_term=8+key+features+that+make+it+so+good&utm_content=Drill+perfect+holes+without+a+pillar+drill&utm_campaign=17wk32jh1+UJK+Technology+Drill+Guide). I just wondered if they found a fault with it and withdrew it. I might visit my local Axminster and ask about it, as they did have it on display.

I’ve just noticed that the latest ‘the Knowledge’ on making a Coat Hook Rack shows Tom Galvin using the UJK Drill Guide

Hi,

Due to unprecedented demand the UJK Drill Guide is temporarily out of stock and has been removed from the website. We are working hard to manufacture new drill guides and as soon as the new stock is ready the guides will be relisted.

Please note on some of the drill guides there has been a small durability issue with the shaft. This has been fixed with the latest production.

If you have any questions however please let us know.

Thanks,
Charlie

1 Like

Now we know, I was searching for it to.

I asked at the Axminster stand at the Northern Tool Show (Harrogate) in November 2017 and was told that they were in ‘final tests for the durability issue’ but were confident it had been sorted and would have new stock sorted by Christmas.

February and stiil no sign … has the issue been fixed yet or are there manufacturing issues? I don’t mind waiting if it’s eventually coming but would love to know what the situation is. Anyone from Axminster able to comment? :grinning:

The durability issue has been fixed but it is still going through the testing process to ensure we are fully satisfied that there will be no further issues. The samples we have received have passed the initial stages of testing and we estimate the new drill guides will be available in 2-3 months. Thank you for your patience on this matter- we are trying to make these available as soon as possible.

Hi. Any news on this drill guide?

Any further news on availability…

2-3 months? Tick tick tick. :mantelpiece_clock:

Time to start looking elsewhere?

Sorry for the continued delay- this product is still in refinement. Unfortunately, our initial manufacturers let us down so we have taken the decision to bring it in-house. With this in mind, the UJK Drill Guide will now be entirely British made bar the precision chuck which will be made in Taiwan. Rather than rush the launch of the new guide, we want to ensure the quality is right. In answer to all of your questions, we hope to have the newly developed product available to buy before the end of the year. Thank you for your continued patience.

2 Likes

It’s a delay for sure, but probably worth the wait. The original one was pretty good; this one promises to be much better.

1 Like

Hello
I have just recently come aware of the New UJK Technology Drill Guide and I`m really interested in the guide, preferably the modified and updated version. :slight_smile:
I wonder if its available now .
Thanks in advance / Hasse O

2018 is about to end. This must be a nuclear powered drill press if it is taking this long to perfect it.

1 Like

I suppose you could make one…out of wood…does not look that complicated…and would probably be a lot less expensive, and make a good project perhaps.

If any one out there at Axminster or UJK is reading this, could you please give us an update on when the new drill guide will be available? Seems like we have been waiting years…wait a minute…we HAVE BEEN WAITING YEARS!!!

1 Like

Apologies for the further delay. The UJK Drill Guide is still in development and we do not have a confirmed date for when this will be available to purchase. We will update you all as soon as we have more information. Thank you for your continued patience.

:joy: Made me laugh! Don’t think Axminster are in a rush with this one… Shame.

Perhaps if this was another Ax item made in China (see most of the new kit!) then it probably would have been available months ago, such a shame British engineering is being put to shame.

Comments?