Valentine's Competition- Win an Axminster Gift Card

Originally published at: https://knowledge.axminster.co.uk/valentines-competition/

Upload a picture of a job that you’re proud where you’ve used the tools you love. Whether you’ve built your own garden shed, created something beautiful for your home or garden or got hands on in your workshop, we want to see what you’ve been up to. Win a £75 gift card.

1 Like

Made this from scrap wood with my axminster 21"scrollsaw for the reception class at the school were i work

3 Likes

My first everwoodturning project after getting an axminster 1218vs lathe last week. Seeing Chris Fisher in store gave me the confidence to go for it, need more wood and chisels now !!!:grin:

2 Likes

A box made from bandsawn burr elm and Indian Ebony, with a Birds Eye Maple lining, hinges supplied by Andrew Crawford. This box was based on one produced by Rob Ingham using similar materials. There are around a hundred separate pieces of material in this small box.

7 Likes

The Willesley Golfer sculpture is carved in Lime, it stands on a Slate base and is 70cm tall.

4 Likes

Elm burr bowl approx 2ft width by 9in first attempt at using resin.

4 Likes

3 Likes

Children’s bookcase I made for my nieces 1st birthday.#AxminsterValentine

4 Likes

6 Likes

Hopefully topical for valentine’s: a heart shaped box, made from a single piece of purpleheart.

The lid was sliced off, then the interior routed out. The lid was replaced and the outside shaped.

Finished with shellac and wax.

#AxminsterValentine

5 Likes

Would make a good subject for casting…

How did you get the resin into it? my guess would be to turn it down, then cast it in resin and re-turn it?

Looks fantastic… :+1:t3: :grin:

Yes turned it to pretty close to how I wanted it then spent a week or so glueing cardboard over the holes and gradually filling and waiting for the resin to set. A problem I found was I started using hot melt glue but when the resin heats up it melts the glue hence I ended up with bits of kitchen roll super glued all over it to stop the leaks, but I guess you learn from you’re mistakes.

1 Like

This is a Sierra pen made from Ash, Purple Heart, Babinga and Sepele.

I used the Axminster pen mandrel which is brilliant. The pen is glued

together lengthways, then drilled, then cut up into segments.

5 Likes

#AxminsterValentine
@axminstertoolcentre
My bench with your vice!
26240439_1542883732498025_3158649773610860376_o|690x387

Your image didn’t upload successfully @Kozeg. Please try again as we’d love to see it!

Sorry for the mistake!

3 Likes

Built this coat hook and shelf the weekend. Put final coat of paint on tonight so just need to install the hooks tomorrow 13th February. There’s 4 of us in the family so a section each with 8 hooks per section. There’s a 6 inch shelf on top for extra storage. It’s made out of white deal. The curved supports are not identical as I had planned to make one perfect and use that as a template but my trim bit was not long enough so I had to do them on the belt sander.

4 Likes

Two linked hearts carved from a piece of Sapele using precious inherited old hand tools and new ones. Each heart is about 9 X 8 cm.

#AxminsterValentine

5 Likes

Built for taking my tools around school, a large secondary school

4 Likes