Make It In March Competition 2021

I made a small step stool for my daughter. It’s made from hard maple with cherry and black walnut strips in the top, and black walnut wedges.

It was a step stool for about 20 minutes until she realised it could be used as a colouring table as well :grinning:

1 Like

This is a 1/25 replica of a CAT 777 dumper truck

Constructed from reclaimed hardwood with front and rear spring suspension.

1 Like

Here is my first ever woodworking project, finished it on the 9th of March… made using plywood and a single plank of pine.

A jewellery box.

Hopefully the start of more interesting and advanced projects to come.

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

I’m a joiner by trade but decided to give furniture making a go. My first ever attempt at making a chair. Used poplar for the bent lamination. To my surprise it was incredibly comfortable and sturdy.

1 Like

Harp Guitar - Angel wing, designed by a friend of mine, should be completed by the end of March.

1 Like

Bedside table with Ash geometric legs, valchromat highlights and birch ply textures.IMG_20200205_173605_097|500x500

Oak finial bowl. Fully hollowed with scrap wood finial and lid.

2 Likes

First job on my first bandsaw a mix of douglas pine and sapele

1 Like

This is a 66 string hammered dulcimer made from Honduras mahogany, African mahogany, holly and walnut. The holly I felled; the other timbers were reclaimed. It uses an old Indian method of soundboard suspension which leaves a single resonating chamber rather than the usual split chamber. The soundboard is relieved in a grid pattern underneath. As I am allowed only one media upload, I can’t show the construction details

2 Likes

#MakeItInMarch21 My new Work Bench, finally finished today after too many months in the making.

5 Likes

A few coats of paint later and I managed to hide a couple of small errors, oh how £1500 worth of new tools would help with a woodwork beginne. :grinning: :smiley: :smile:r

1 Like

My daughter and her husband had a couple of old skis and a snowboard. They wanted to use them somehow. So I said I could make up a bench for them. So having done some research about possibilities which could be a “knock down” effort, I came up with this bench! I hope you like it. Its made out of some seasoned Scots Pine and also some second hand fence posts! Its all finished in Danish Oil - 4 coats. The whole thing can be dismantled as it is all jointed using M8 coach bolts.

1 Like

Uploading: IMG_20210306_233015.jpg… Uploading: IMG_20210306_233042.jpg… Uploading: IMG_20210306_233300.jpg… Uploading: IMG_20210305_022957.jpg…

This is my hand carved Tree lamp with colour change led in bottom and white in top
Hope I’ve posted it in the right place this time :slightly_smiling_face: hoping to carve a shade for the top eventually too.

Lol oops third time I hope the photos come through this time apologies

I just got my 1st wood lathe and this is my very first product, probably not the very best but it makes me happy. :blush:

2 Likes

This is a thing for putting things in. Handtools only apart from re-sawing the oak floor boards it is made from.

IMG_1153|375x500

After Colwin’s excellent teaching; what better than setting up my family for a Happy Easter! :egg: :gift: